Saturday, February 11, 2006

Walking

The past few days in Boston have been warm, sunny, and free of snow and ice. With earlier sunrises, I've been able to get out for longer walks in the morning. One of the things that consistently makes me happy is a short stretch of trail that I cleared over the past two years. When originally laid out, this section of trail passed through a wet area:


Because I walk through this part of the trail nearly every day, I've been able to plot an alternate route that stays dry in pretty much all weather:


The initial work was to map out the route, which I did two years ago. The final work happened in January, when a friend and I went out with a chainsaw to clear the trail. Now, each time I walk across it, I think about the work I did, and how much nicer it is to walk there now.

Pretty much all of my walks make me happy. Here are some scenes from Friday morning (the 10th of February, 2006):





I think that it is safe to say that when the tree in the fourth photograph fell, it made a sound regardless if anyone was there.

No comments: